Webinar Registration Link:
His experience includes special consultancies with the World Health Organization in Thailand and Japan; health assessment missions in Angola, Jamaica, and Zaire; and training in India and Austria. His commitment to justice has evolved into his nationally recognized efforts to create health equity and the supremacy of the social determinants of health, the founding of the first Center for Health Equity at a local health department, and the creation of the Mayor’s Healthy Hometown Movement in Louisville. He is also credited with the passage of one of the strongest anti-smoking ordinances in the country.
Dr. Troutman has had multiple publications including "What if We Were Equal," co-authored with former Surgeon General and Assistant Secretary of Health Dr. David Satcher.
A nationally known speaker, he was featured in the nationwide PBS series broadcast of Unnatural Causes: Is Inequality Making Us Sick?
Dr. Troutman currently serves as the president of the American Public Health Association.
After registering, you will receive information about joining the webinar.
Summary: The Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals are broad sets of skills that are useful in the public health field. These skills strengthen the public health workforce at all career levels and help improve performance.
Audience: This course is designed for public health workers and Florida Department of Health employees.
1. Describe the Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals and identify the 8 domains.
2. Learn why competencies are important in public health and how they are used.
3. Find out how public health employees use Core Competency tools.
3. Recognize the benefits of Core Competency training.
4. Understand how public health employees can use Core Competencies in various stages of their careers.
5. Find out how Florida and other states use Core Competencies in public health.
For More Information: Desiree Liburd Assistant Program Director Center for Leadership in Public Health Practice 813-974-9070 email@example.com