Dr. Adewale Troutman leds webinar on public health core competencies
Date: March 18, 2013
Time: 10 – 11:15 a.m.
Presenter: Dr. Adewale Troutman
March 15, 2013
Webinar Registration Link: https://usfhealth.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_8DtuLegL3LnOUNn. After registering, you will receive information about joining the webinar.
Summary: The Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals are broad sets of skills that are useful in the public health field. These skills strengthen the public health workforce at all career levels and help improve performance.
Audience: This course is designed for public health workers and Florida Department of Health employees.
- Describe the Core Competencies for Public Health Professionals and identify the 8 domains.
- Learn why competencies are important in public health and how they are used.
- Find out how public health employees use Core Competency tools.
- Recognize the benefits of Core Competency training.
- Understand how public health employees can use Core Competencies in various stages of their careers.
- Find out how Florida and other states use Core Competencies in public health.
For More Information contact:
Desiree Liburd, MPH
Assistant Program Director
Center for Leadership in Public Health Practice
Health Resources and Services Administration, USF Florida Public Heath Training Center, Florida Department of Health, Workforce Development, Office of Performance and Quality Improvement
Center for Leadership in Public Health Practice.
The Center for Leadership in Public Health Practice is a vital source for training in the State of Florida. To learn more about its programs, visit http://health.usf.edu/publichealth/clphp. The Center also includes the Public Health Practice Program, which offers a MPH degree in online and executive weekend formats.