For some, it’s something to shun. For others, it’s a rite of passage.
But, in the USF College of Public Health, it’s a reason to celebrate … for the next twelve months.
Yes, we’re officially 30 years old, and we want the entire universe to know it!
Join members of the COPH family for a game of “Show and Tell,” and tell us why COPH rocks! First, flash ‘Go Bulls.’ Second, snap a selfie. Third, share it with friends and tag #usfcophrocks. Finally, connect with the college on Facebook, LinkedIN or YouTube and join the conversation.
Festivities are planned for the next 12 months—around town and around the country. Here’s a sample of offerings from the 30th anniversary workgroup.
- Minaret Climb at the University of Tampa—A family-friendly event at an iconic Tampa location. View Tampa from a vantage point rarely seen.
- “USF COPH Rocks” tour stops—Thirty events around the country to connect with alumni and friends. Some stops are paired with major conferences, others are get-togethers to celebrate all things public health.
- Party at Ray Jay—Meet up with COPH faculty, staff, students, alumni, family and friends for a Bullish time at the first football game of the season. The date is Saturday, Aug. 30, and kick-off is at 7p.m. Stay tuned for pre-game festivities. In the meantime, secure a reduced-price ticket today.
- “Running of the Bulls” of sorts—Run, walk, jog, wog, skip and do whatever it takes to cross the Gasparilla Distance Classic finish line in an upright position! There are multiple distances to choose from, and Team #usfcophrocks will have participants represented in all of them. Save the date for Feb. 20-22 and prepare to kick asphalt!
- Award-winning alumni—The college is home to a plethora of awesome graduates. Make plans to nominate one (or two, or more) for a COPH alumni award. Guidelines will be announced soon.
Founded in July 1984, the USF College of Public Health is celebrating 30 years of educating public health professionals. Make plans now to participate in events in Tampa, around the nation and online that recognize this historic milestone.
Stay abreast of festivities by vising the 30th anniversary website. It’s one-stop shopping for events, news, giving and more. Bookmark the site and visit often, as details are updated almost daily.
For additional information or to help plan 30th anniversary events, contact Natalie D. Preston at email@example.com.
Story by Natalie D. Preston, USF College of Public Health