Emergency -

University of South Florida

When science meets business; MCOM graduate student earns recognition for entrepreneurship

Nahla Dasouki, USF Health Morsani College of Medicine graduate student, recently earned recognition as one of Tampa News Journal’s 25 Innovators under 25, individuals making an impact of Tampa’s business community.  Her company, Souki Skin, LLC, is the result of her passions for science and business.  She uses skin swabs to analyze each individual’s microbiome and uses the data to match effective skincare products currently on the market.  Additionally, she is dedicated to using science-based evidence to eliminate misinformation.

“While it’s been challenging, I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how well the two fields are intertwining,” Dasouki said.  “Souki Skin emulates both sides of me: the data driven experimental side as well as the physician I wish to become.  With years of education and laboratory experience under my belt, I suddenly find myself in the position to enter the business world and deliver a service meant to truly help people with similar struggles I experienced.”