Now hiring for the following positions:
The USF Health Development and Alumni Relations office works to engage our community and inspire investment that will advance the future of health. We provide fundraising support for the colleges of medicine, nursing, public health and pharmacy, as well as USF Health institutes and the clinical practice. We develop and execute programs that cultivate increasingly rich relationships with USF Health alumni and donors through events, communications, stewardship, and personal outreach.
Assistant Director of Development
The Assistant Director of Development will provide fundraising support for departments, institutes and centers within the Morsani College of Medicine. Building relationships with the providers and researchers will be critical for the success of this position. Reporting to the Director, Annual Giving and Alumni Engagement, the incumbent will work closely with colleagues in the department and USF Foundation to support reactive and proactive fundraising. The incumbent supports specific giving programs and campaigns for assigned department (s), institutes and/or centers; will have metric-based goals and carry a portfolio that spans the areas.
- Utilize prospect pool, portfolio and referrals to conduct personal solicitations of donors to meet the identified needs of the assigned areas of Morsani College of Medicine. Provide support and guidance for accepting reactive gifts including establishing or modifying funds. Coordinate with USF Health Development and Alumni Relations and USF Foundation colleagues in developing comprehensive solicitation strategies. Coordinate with the Stewardship Officer to ensure donors are properly stewarded including background for annual and impact reports.
- Engage providers and researchers to identify funding opportunities and funding sources (individuals, corporations, foundations). Educate providers on the Grateful Patient process and meet regularly to discuss suspects.
- MINIMUM: This position requires bachelor’s degree and 3 years of experience related to development or other appropriate professional experience.
- PREFERRED: Three to five years of directly related experience in development and fundraising preferably in healthcare or higher education setting.
To apply: Apply at Careers at USF and include your cover letter and resume.
Multimedia Communications Intern
This semester-long internship for Spring 2019 is designed for students or recent graduates who have demonstrated their multimedia production and editing skills through classroom and volunteer experience and are ready to build their portfolios in a professional environment. Working within the communications team, the multimedia communications intern needs to be able to take direction, work independently and collaboratively, ask questions for clarification when necessary, and remain open to constructive feedback to take your career to the next level. Attire is business casual when in the office (collared shirts and no jeans/shorts) and business professional for events or meetings with leadership. Our office is located on the north side of Fletcher Ave. near Magnolia Ave., so parking is free and always available. We appreciate that your education takes priority, so we will work around your class and exam schedule as needed. Beyond your direct responsibilities, you will be invited to project meetings to observe how communication plans are developed and implemented.
- Assist in the creation of video and other multimedia content for blogs, e-mail campaigns, online promotions, etc.
- Produce multimedia packages profiling alumni, scholarship recipients, faculty chair/professorship holders, and donor-funded programs and research at USF Health.
- Assist with alumni and stewardship events, including photography and videography.
- Junior, senior or graduate student seeking a degree in telecommunications, journalism or a related field
- Strong video production, video editing, photography and graphic design skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite software
- Online portfolio of work samples required
- Web design, social media and news writing experience a plus
Compensation: $10/hour for 10-20 hours per week.
To apply: Send a cover letter, current resume and links to work samples by January 11, 2019, to Davina Y. Gould, APR, Director of Communications and Marketing, Development and Alumni Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org.