Leadership Symposium on Digital Media in Health Care
• USF Health Podcasts
• Launch USF Health on iTunes U
• Launch University of South Florida on iTunes U
• Download Apple iTunes
• Understanding podcasts
• iTunes FAQs
• Symposium website
November 21-23, 2008
REGISTER ONLINE NOW
Grand Hyatt Tampa Bay
2900 Bayport Drive
Tampa, FL 33607
Learn more about Hotel & Accommodations
Please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org and include iTunesU in the subject line. More information will be sent to you when available. Agenda and registration brochure are under development.
Academic leaders from distinguished universities — currently the University of South Florida, Duke, The University of Texas, M. D. Anderson Cancer Center, University of Florida, Johns Hopkins University, University of Michigan, and The Medical College of Georgia — are launching a ground-breaking Leadership Symposium on Digital Media in Health Care. This Leadership Symposium is part of a national conversation on how to leverage technology, like iTunesU and mobile devices, to increase access to health curriculum. Participants will learn best practices and explore the future of mobile, digital learning for health professionals, students, and patients.
Today’s students, health professionals, and patients use their computers and mobile devices to interface with the world. Now you can tap into that digital lifestyle to keep students and health professionals every bit as engaged with your courses, and to offer the general public greater access to wellness information. Using distribution channels like iTunes U lets you easily expand your curriculum, delivering audio and video content to deepen the learning experience.
University and Health Institution leaders including Deans, Department Chairs, Faculty, CEOs, IT Professionals, Health Professionals and Educators who work with students and patients in all health professions.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
• Discuss digital technology and how it can be incorporated into student, patient, and health professional education.
• Describe the new learning paradigm related to the mobile digital learning environment.
• Implement the use of mobile digital technology at your institution.
• Create effective podcasts and other digital media to reach your target audience.
• Describe how mobile digital technology can influence patient outcomes.
• Create E-learning environments that use podcasts and other media appropriate to your target audience.
• Integrate course and module level assessment into digital content.
• Create an action plan to start or expand mobile digital learning at your institution.
Registrations must be received by November 18, 2008. After this date, registrations will only be accepted on-site at the corresponding fee below.
General Registration: $249 (On-Site: $295)
Spouse: $75 (On-Site: $100)
The registration fee includes all sessions, course syllabus, continental breakfasts and afternoon breaks for the registrant. A welcome reception is included for each registrant. A confirmation letter will be sent upon receipt of your registration and payment (no registration is confirmed without full payment). A refund (minus a processing fee of $50) will be given if written notice of cancellation is received on or prior to November 14, 2008.