The University of South Florida is accepting undergraduate and graduate student abstracts to be presented for poster presentations on a variety of topics related to the intersection of global health, diplomacy and national security.
STUDENT POSTER AWARDS
|1st Place (1 award): $400 |
2nd Place (2 awards): $200
3rd Place (4 awards): $50
|1st Place: $500 |
2nd Place: $300
3rd Place: $200
TOPICS FOR CONSIDERATION INCLUDE:
- Public health and foreign policy
- Challenges in global health diplomacy
- Emerging trends in infectious disease
- Bioterrorism and biodefense
- Global health and national security
- Economic impact of transborder health threats
- Humanitarian interventions in public health emergencies
- Innovations in public health and national security
- The role of education
- Other topics as appropriate
All abstracts should be an original body of work of approximately 100-150 words. Both individual and group posters (no more than three members to a group) are acceptable. For further details on the symposium and to register, please visit Eventbrite.
* Proposals are due by Feb. 8 *
Presented by the Center for Strategic and Diplomatic Studies; College of Public Health; Global Citizens Project; Morsani College of Medicine; USF Health
All abstracts should be an original body of work, double-spaced in Times New Roman 12pt font, and approximately 100-150 words. Both individual and group posters (no more than three members to a group) are acceptable and may describe applied or theoretical research that is completed or underway.
- Student name, university name, address and abstract title
- Introduction and background information
- Statement of conclusions
Poster will include data, graphs, illustrations/photos. All accepted posters will be eligible for the student poster awards. The Symposium Committee will select the top undergraduate and graduate posters and present all student awards at the closing of the symposium on Feb. 28.
Abstracts should be submitted by Feb. 8 to email@example.com with the subject line: Inaugural Symposium Poster Submission – (First and Last Name).
Proposals received after this date will not be considered.
Once your abstract is accepted, you will be asked to submit an electronic version of your poster by Feb. 15.
For more information about the symposium and to register, please visit Eventbrite. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.