The purpose/goals of the Medical Student Council is to:
- Provide effective student leadership for the students and organizations of the medical student population.
- Serve as a liaison between students and administration.
- Promote effective medical education.
- Represent the medical school.
- To govern budgetary allocations acquired from the Student Government of the University of South Florida (USF) and the College of Medicine Office of Student Affairs.
- To provide representation for the College of Medicine on a national basis.