Join us for a discussion on racial inequality in healthcare this Black History Month!
The discussion will be led by Dr. Tricia Penniecook, Vice Dean of Education and Faculty Affairs and Associate Professor for Community and Family Health within the USF College of Public Health.
Penniecook was a practicing physician in Mexico, and has extensive experience working in public health in the U.S. and Costa Rica.
Join us via Microsoft Teams here.
Join us as we celebrate Black History Month with a real talk roundtable featuring our Trailblazing nursing faculty: Dr. Wallena Gould, Dr. Janet Roman and Dr. Latiena Williams.
- Dr. Gould- A Critical Race to Change the Face & Culture of Nursing: A Call to Action
- Dr. Roman- Heart Failure in African American Women: A Journey Through My Career
- Dr. Williams- Research Collaboration in the Faith-Based Community Setting: A Black Women’s Perspective
Join via Microsoft TEAMS.
Join us to celebrate Black History Month by supporting our local black-owned food trucks!
Crab Daddy’s Surf & Turf and BBQ Time will be in the WELL Courtyard from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m. on February 17, 2022.
$11 food vouchers will be given to the first 100 people who attend! See you there!
Thursday, February 17, 2022, from 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Parking will be provided.
Masks are highly encouraged.
Jump-start your professional career in nursing by networking with health care providers!
✅ Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
✅ Advent Health
✅ Sarasota Memorial, Main, Sarasota Center and Venice Representation
✅ Bayfront Health St. Petersburg
✅ Lakeland Regional Health
✅ HCA Healthcare, West Florida Division
✅ Moffitt Cancer Center
✅ Nemours Children’s Health
✅ Empath Health
+ MORE TO COME!
This event allows students to meet healthcare recruiters, nurse educators and nurse managers to discuss the opportunities available within each organization.
USF Health Promotions Specialist Karen Tally will present How to Care for Yourself as a Caregiver.
- Learn how to recognize and manage compassion fatigue
- Learn how to practice self-care and stress management
- Learn how to recognize and address emotional/binge eating habits
The first 25 attendees to arrive will receive a free WIRES t-shirt!