Join us for a discussion on racial inequality in healthcare this Black History Month!
The discussion will be led by Dr. Tricia Penniecook, Vice Dean of Education and Faculty Affairs and Associate Professor for Community and Family Health within the USF College of Public Health.
Penniecook was a practicing physician in Mexico, and has extensive experience working in public health in the U.S. and Costa Rica.
Join us via Microsoft Teams here.
- Dr. Gould- A Critical Race to Change the Face & Culture of Nursing: A Call to Action
- Dr. Roman- Heart Failure in African American Women: A Journey Through My Career
Join via Microsoft TEAMS.
Join us to celebrate Black History Month by supporting our local black-owned food trucks!
$11 food vouchers will be given to the first 100 people who attend! See you there!
Thursday, February 17, 2022, from 2:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Parking will be provided.
Masks are highly encouraged.
Jump-start your professional career in nursing by networking with health care providers!
✅ Advent Health
✅ Sarasota Memorial, Main, Sarasota Center and Venice Representation
✅ Bayfront Health St. Petersburg
✅ Lakeland Regional Health
✅ HCA Healthcare, West Florida Division
✅ Moffitt Cancer Center
✅ Nemours Children’s Health
✅ Empath Health
+ MORE TO COME!
USF Health Promotions Specialist Karen Tally will present How to Care for Yourself as a Caregiver.
- Learn how to recognize and manage compassion fatigue
- Learn how to practice self-care and stress management
- Learn how to recognize and address emotional/binge eating habits
The first 25 attendees to arrive will receive a free WIRES t-shirt!